Topic: /lib/modules/2.6.23.9/modules.dep is missing

The system can't find /lib/modules/${uname -r}/modules.dep on my newly installed system. As a result all modprobe attempts fail... I have no idea why modules.dep is missing - not sure if this is a bug with the default install or due to the fix (ichfix) that my hardware required.

Re: /lib/modules/2.6.23.9/modules.dep is missing

It's from the fix. So try the following untar the fix and there is a modules package. Remove the old one with pkgtool and install the one from the tar. I guess I messed up the fix script - I'll have a look when I get back home.

Re: /lib/modules/2.6.23.9/modules.dep is missing

So I tested and everything works fine it seems to me that the old modules package for some strange reason staied the same - in this case try what I already told you extract the fix and uninstall the old kernel-module (ending on 2.tgz) package and install the new package (ending on 3.tgz). Anything else I might need as info to troubleshoot this is md5sum of the kernel image in boot - just to be shure. And everything should work. If you have problems tell me I'll directly upload the iso generated.